Hello, and a warm welcome to my website.
I hope that it might pique your interest in some of the newer and most fascinating ways to resolve some of life's glitches - those things we all struggle with and wish we didn't!
Thank you for visiting ... I will be updating and adding to the site at regular intervals with new articles and other features. I enjoy responding to any feedback, comments and questions, so should you be further interested in my work, do get in touch!
Wishing you a happy and healthy heart and mind!
Cathryn - has a biological sciences background. She is qualified in a variety of bodywork modalities, including Reflexology and therapeutic massage, and is a highly experienced EFT practitioner and a (retired) EFT Trainer and mentor to other practitioners; a member of the IFR and AAMET ( The Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Therapy). She has full professional indemnity insurance.
- has twenty years of professional experience as a therapist and has held many thousands of sessions with clients in that time.
- teaches her clients to understand and work with their emotional responses, giving them practical ways to cope with the stresses of everyday life, offering solutions that can usually bring discernible results more quickly than the traditional 'talk therapy' approach.
-has herself recovered completely from chronic depression and other issues ( see below) giving her insight and empathy for those facing the challenges that mental and emotional health problems bring.
- has worked with children as young as five years old, through to adults in their eighties. She has helped clients with an extensive variety of issues - including bipolar disorder, chronic depression; OCD, and hoarding; phobias and night terrors; anger issues and extreme nervousness; workaholism and alcoholism; shopping addiction and compulsive eating; post-traumatic stress, post partum depression; relationship issues and career blocks, and much more.
- loves to help people discover that the problems they believe they must 'learn to live with' are in fact, possible to treat successfully and 'live without'!
- uses a gentle approach, individually and intuitively tailored for each client - not a 'one size fits all'.
- practices what she preaches, using holistic psychology techniques to smooth her own path through life, and ensure that she does not arrive in her old age with any unnecessary emotional cargo!
- and is here to help, should you need it!
"We are all of us making our way through life, in the very best way that we can. All of us experience difficulties. The more that we open up and share our stories, the more we will be connected and able to support and help each other. Stoicism is a wonderful thing, but silence can become a prison. Here is a little of my story..."
WHAT IS HOLISTIC PSYCHOLOGY?
In recent times, the need for more effective solutions for psychological and emotional problems has become increasingly apparent. In holistic psychology, we acknowledge that our physical bodies and subconscious minds play as vital a role in the healing process as our conscious minds do.
If we ignore the messages coming from our bodies and our most basic instinctive response mechanisms, we will miss the simplest, most elegant route to wellness. Without realising there is another alternative, we will have to labour the long, convoluted and often deeply frustrating road of attempting to recover via our willpower.
Over the past decade Cathryn has built upon her original EFT trainings and many years of experience as a therapist and EFT trainer to develop innovative new ways of holistically treating mental health issues. She was inspired by the ground breaking work of Dr Peter Levine, Dr Robert Scaer and Pete Walker. Their work on trauma resolution and complex PTSD sheds incredible light on the most puzzling aspects of psychological recovery.
By addressing the 'physiology of stress' - the fight/flight/freeze mechanism, the feedback loop between thoughts and emotions, and the way events are stored and replayed via our memories, we can not only change the way issues are experienced, but also resolve those problems far more easily than is generally believed to be possible. Managing the stress response allows us to gently change old patterns and habits, recover from trauma of all types and become expert 'navigators' of our emotions.
This is not as complicated as it sounds! We all share the same basic instinctive mechanisms. They are behind everything that we do, and all that we feel. They are the deep down drivers of our behaviours, but respond remarkably well when we address them with due care and attention.
Visit the testimonial page to discover
what holistic psychology can achieve...